It is the task of Högskoleverket (Swedish National Agency for Higher Education) to review the quality of higher education. This work includes:
- Evaluating subject areas (main fields of study) and study programmes
- Granting degree awarding powers
Purpose of quality assurance
- Individual students have the right to demand that their course or study programme is of a high standard.
- Employers in the public, private and voluntary sectors have a need for highly trained graduates.
- The general public is entitled to be assured that high levels of taxation result in high standards.
- In a global world, Swedish higher education must retain a high standard.
European perspectiveThe Swedish National Agency for Higher Education's quality assurance policy has been developed in accordance with the European Network for Quality Assurance's (ENQA)
Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (pdf, new window) »