Recognition of study programmes

A student who has completed a higher education programme in a country other than Sweden that has lasted for a minimum of two years at undergraduate level or one year at postgraduate level is entitled to ask Högskoleverket (Swedish National Agency for Higher Education) to assess this qualification. The qualification must have been awarded by a higher education institution recognised by the Ministry of Education or other competent authority in that country. Following the assessment, the Swedish National Agency for Higher Education issues a document that states how the qualification compares with a similar qualification in Sweden.
The purpose of this recognition is to facilitate entry to the workplace in Sweden by making it easier for an individual and an employer to understand how the qualification compares with a Swedish one. Employers are free to approach the Agency if they have any questions about a qualification.
Last updated:
Contact: , Email: firstname.lastname@hsv.se