Attesting and translating documents

When asking for qualifications from abroad to be recognised by Högskoleverket (Swedish National Agency for Higher Education) it is often necessary to have original documents translated or copies attested.

Attested copies

Copies must be signed and stamped by an official body, e.g. Employment Office, the Police or a Human Resources Department in Sweden. In the case of applications sent from abroad, copies must be attested by the higher education institution where the applicant studied or by the Swedish Embassy or Consulate.

Authorised translators

A list of authorised translators can be obtained from:
Last updated:
Contact: , Email: firstname.lastname@hsv.se