Centres of Excellence in Higher Education 2007
You need Acrobat Reader to read documents i pdf-format. This can be downloaded free of charge from Adobe's web site (opens in a new window).
Högskoleverket (Swedish National Agency for Higher Education) invited higher education institutions to apply for the award of Centre of Excellence in Higher Education for the first time in 2007. This award is part of the new national quality assurance system.
The Swedish National Agency for Higher Education (Agency) received twenty-six applications from twelve higher education institutions. After an initial assessment, 9 applications went forward to a second assessment round that included detailed reviews and site visits. An international assessment panel assessed the applications with the help of reports from external experts in the field.
In accordance with the proposals of the assessment panel, the Agency has decided that the following study environments, in alphabetical order, should be awarded the title: Centre of Excellence 2007:
- Linköping University, Department of Electrical Engineering: Control Systems
- Linköping University: Medical Programme
- Malmö University College: Dental Education
- Royal Institute of Technology: Vehicle Engineering Programme
- Umeå University, Department of Historical Studies: Undergraduate Programmes