The Advisory Board comprises a maximum of eleven members and its task is to maintain an insight into the activities of Högskoleverket (Swedish National Agency for Higher Education) on behalf of the Swedish Government and the general public, and offer advice to the University Chancellor. The Government appoints the members of the Advisory Board.
The chair of the Advisory Board is the University Chancellor, Lars Haikola.
The other members of the board are:
- Agneta Bladh, Former Vice-Chancellor of Kalmar University College
- Anna Ekström, Chair of the Swedish Confederation of Professional Associations, SACO
- Camilla Georgsson, Student
- Jens Oddershede, Vice-Chancellor of University of Southern Denmark
- Lisa Sennerby Forsse, Vice-Chancellor of Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Åke Svensson, Managing Director of Teknikföretagen
- Jörgen Tholin, Vice-Chancelllor of Gotland University College
- Irene Wennemo, Secretary General of Socialförsäkringsutredningen
- Ragnar Widebrant, Student