The University Chancellor is the head of Högskoleverket (Swedish National Agency for Higher Education).
There is an advisory board appointed by the Swedish Government, and a management team. The management team comprises representatives from the University Chancellor's Office and the heads of the administrative departments. Their task is to support and advise the University Chancellor.
The administrative departments are:
- Department of Administrative Services
- Department of Higher Education Analysis
- Department of Communications
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Legal Affairs
- Department of Quality Assurance
- Department of Qualifications Recognition
The Higher Education Appeals Board and the Suspensions Board for Higher Education are independent bodies within the Agency.